An ideal quick meal, that is filling and relatively low cost to make.
The recipe produces a pizza base on to which you can add any toppings you choose. We split our dish into approximate quarters, one for each of us with personalized toppings. We used a tin foil baking tray that was 32 x 26 cm (9 x 13 in).
- 6 eggs
- 170 grams (6 oz) of cream cheese at room temperature (We used 115 g of Simonsberg Traditional Cream Cheese mixed with about 65 grams of Original Philadelphia Cream Cheese)
- half a teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano or other Italian herbs
- a pinch of pepper
- 1 cup of grated mozzarella cheese
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees Centigrade (350° F)
- Blend the cream cheese and eggs until well blended
- Add the salt and spices and blend again
- Butter the pan well
- Spread the grated cheese into the pan
- Pour and evenly spread the egg mixture over the cheese
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until the top starts to brown
- Remove from the oven and add pizza toppings mixed with additional grated cheese
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes (or until done)
Makes 4 substantial servings when served with salad.
Each serving will typically be about 2 grams of carbs (depending on the toppings that you use).
(Derived from a great article in About.com Low Carb Diets -http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/pizza/r/deepdishpizza.htm)